Normally when we join Brandon Herrera, it is for memes, entertainment, and other tomfoolery. Today however I finally read HR 127… and if you too would like to immediately develop develop a splitting headache caused by mind numbing amounts of government overreach with a thin veil of, ‘if you don’t support this you are a racist who likes child murder’ then go ahead and click.
I first saw HR 127 on a few of the more dramatic locales on the internet, so while I assumed it was bad I assumed also it was typibad like most average garbage tier gun control schemes thrown in to appease that voter base.
Nope, this one is incredibad. Reaching new levels of stupid and epic overreach that likely has every employee of the ATF going, “You want us to do what!?” as the administrative burden alone would crush the agency’s taxed and mismanaged resources.
This monstrosity has it all
- Universal Registration
- Every single make, model, and serial number and the owners information
- That information is publicly available, by the way. You can look up gun owners
- Info on anyone you let borrow the gun
- Of course licenses, have to have your 6 pointed star to be a gun owner. That isn’t infringement right?
- License for a gun
- After passing the background check, 3 day training approved by the AG, and mental health screen by a AG approved mental health expert.
- License to display a gun, “Antique Firearm Display”
- After you prove you have a license, prove you own an antique firearm, prove you will display it in a manner the AG approves and certifies it will be displayed that way, and demonstrates AG approved “safe storage” requirements.
- All that nonsense so that you can mount an antique artistically in your home.
- License for “Military-Style” weapons
- An additional 3 day training course for these approved by the AG
- Pysch Evals
- The AG controls all of who can screen and what standards there are for screening
- They can screen your family members and household members too
- They will talk to your spouse, former spouse, and two other family members or associates.
- I’m sure former spouses would never lie on this questionnaire and would absolutely take valuable time out of their lives, that are now away from this individual (except perhaps for children), to complete a mental health evaluation of their former spouse.
- Gives a blanket list of reasons to deny licensure that anyone wanting to keep their medical license would likely never certify anyone. Because what if you get it wrong and someone you certified commits suicide or a murder? Do you lose you practice? Your AG certified status? Where are you blocking the time to conduct 4+ interviews for every would be gun owner in-between your real regular patients?
- Annual renewals for 5 years!
- An additional day of training! AG certified of course.
- AG Issued Gun Insurance!
- Because fuck the poor!
- Violations are 15 to 25 year felonies with a $75,000-$150,000 fine
Seriously, this is a giant kick in the junk that makes firearm ownership a privilege of the well-to-do only. Imagine wanting to own an AR-15, an $800-$1,200 reasonable purchase, America’s Rifle. You now need two separate 3-day courses (24 training hours, at your expense) in order to get licensed (with a fee each I assume) twice in order to pick up that rifle. Then you have to pay your insurance($800), for your psych evaluation (we all know doctors are free, right?), all your ammunition, your safe storage requirements, all to be granted the elite permission to exercise your constitutionally protected right.
It turns the rightful purchase of an effective tool in to a multi-thousand dollar series of flaming hoops that you have to renew every year (at cost). This is might cost a full quarter of somebody’s annual income for one firearm, and that is before buying it.
And the ATF has to keep these records up to date for 100,000,000 (or more) people, update them in a timely manner, and make sure they are error free… because an error could cost someone who did nothing wrong 15-25 years of their life.
Oh and just for fun at the end they ban .50 caliber ammunition (not BMG, just by diameter) and “large capacity ammunition feeding devices”… unless you’re the government of course, because they are here to help. .50 cal ammo becomes a 10-20 year felony and magazines become 1-5 year felonies…
If the Judiciary Committee doesn’t just take a steaming dump on this thing before mailing it back to Jackson Lee’s office with a small incendiary so its a full ding-dong ditch.. oof.
I thought the last AWB proposal was pinnacle stupid, we have found a new pinnacle.
View original Post